The Great Lakes Small Harbors Coalition is a group representing small harbors from around the Great Lakes where dredging and harbor maintenance issues are of particular concern. Boat groundings, life endangerment, damage to local economies, a massive backlog of projects, and dramatic deterioration of our navigation infrastructure have all resulted from the lack of sufficient funds to support harbor dredging and maintenance.
The coalition will work with federal and Great Lakes entities to effect the changes needed to address the long-term viability and safety of our harbors.
- Michigan Small Harbors Coalition Expands Efforts Throughout Great Lakes States
- GLSHC 2009 Year End Letter
- GLSHC Fact Sheet September, 9 2010
- GLSHC Fly-In to Washington, D.C. List
- GLSHC January 2011 Meeting and D.C. Fly-In Update
- GLSHC Letter for September 14, 2010 Trip to Washington, D.C.
- GLSHC Letter for September 14, 2010 Trip to Washington, D.C. – Senators
- HMTF Points from Weakley
- Letter to Senator Carl Levin 2011 Appropriations
- Letter to Senator Debbie Stabenow 2011 Appropriations